Our vision is to recruit, train, and send forth scholar-evangelists who embody the mission of Reasons to Believe. Qualified candidates for the Scholar Community share our commitment to engage in reputable scholarship and to actively share the gospel of Jesus Christ with STEMM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine) professionals.
RTB’s Scholar Community provides opportunities for scientists, theologians, physicians, and other professionals to explore connections between science and faith, and to grow in confidence to share their faith more effectively. We provide workshops, courses, coaching, and opportunities to network with like-minded professionals interested in investigating the harmony between God’s Word and God’s world from an old-earth creation perspective.
Qualifications to apply to the RTB Scholar Community
PhD or equivalent (preferred)
- Desire to explore connections between science and the Christian faith within an old-earth creation context
- Heart of an evangelist who actively shares their faith (or wants to improve their efforts to share their faith) with STEMM-trained/influenced seekers and Christians
- Hold personal beliefs consistent with RTB’s Mission & Beliefs, as well as the Chicago Statements on Inerrancy and Hermeneutics
- Practice life behaviors consistent with RTB’s standard of conduct, including displaying personal character consistent with 1 Peter 3:15–16
Benefits of Membership in the Scholar Community
- Live calls with RTB’s esteemed scholar team
- Discounts on RTB resources
- Eligibility to apply for RTB’s Visiting Scholar program
- Access to an exclusive online network of Scholar Community members
- Workshops that give members practical ministry skills to help improve their efforts as lay evangelists
What Do Scholar Community Members Do?
- Contribute to the Voices blog on the RTB website
- Raise awareness about RTB resources by using them to engage in personal evangelism
- Network with other Christians who are engaged in research related to the integration of science and the Christian faith
Click here to view all of our Scholar Community members.
If you would like more information about the Scholar Community or to receive an application, please contact our Scholar Community Program Assistant.