Reasons to Believe is seeking a ministry advancement assistant to provide administrative support to the ministry advancement director. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating advancement workflow and meetings
- Perform clerical duties to include, but not limited to, data entry, filing, copying, and faxing
- Create and/or modify documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters, and financial statements using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or other office software
- Generate mailing lists for direct mail
- Assist in planning donor events
- Participate, on occasion, in fundraising and outreach events, helping with the book table and other tasks
- Correspond with donors, constituents, and vendors via phone, email, and letters
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the ministry advancement director
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Familiarity with principles and practices of office organization and management, including some knowledge of bookkeeping; proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Capacity to learn new software and database management
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to type 55 wpm on computer with accuracy
Reasons to Believe is seeking a Contract Online Instructor to track and monitor student progress, and to provide students with appropriate, timely feedback and assessments throughout the course. Candidates must have a Master’s degree in respective discipline (chemistry, physics, astrophysics, biochemistry, biology, genetics, paleoanthropology, and paleontology), Ph.D. preferred. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demonstrate familiarity with Reasons Institute/Reasons Academy syllabus, course content (lectures, textbooks), and grading policies prior to the start of the course.
- Actively participate in online discussions with students; providing feedback, answering questions, and referring students to Reasons to Believe resources for further study.
- Respond to student emails, questions, and comments within one business day.
- Grade and provide quality feedback to students on their assignments within five business days.
- Maintain constant communication with Reasons Institute staff concerning any student relations issues.
- Must hold personal beliefs consistent with Reasons to Believe’s Statement of Faith (including a belief in a historical Adam and Eve as the first humans), and a belief in biblical inerrancy as defined by the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- California residency preferable for some courses
- At least one course taken through Reasons Institute