Reasons to Believe is seeking a full-time copyeditor to provide editing and proofreading skills to a variety of ministry projects and publications. Candidates must have at least three years of editing experience in print and electronic publications, preferably in a technical/scientific environment. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- Proofreads and edits books, booklets, articles, web resources, news releases, promotional materials, and more
- Manages ministry newsletter and scholar blogs, including Today’s New Reason to Believe
- Helps maintain publication schedules for a variety of editorial projects
- Assists the Editorial Director and Assistant Editorial Director with special projects and assignments, including occasional writing
- B.A. degree
- Proficiency in punctuation, grammar, and composition, with a working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Committed Christian
- Three years of experience required
Reasons to Believe is seeking a Contract Online Instructor to track and monitor student progress, and to provide students with appropriate, timely feedback and assessments throughout the course. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demonstrate familiarity with Reasons Institute/Reasons Academy syllabus, course content (lectures, textbooks), and grading policies prior to the start of the course.
- Actively participate in online discussions with students; providing feedback, answering questions, and referring students to Reasons to Believe resources for further study.
- Respond to student emails, questions, and comments within one business day.
- Grade and provide quality feedback to students on their assignments within five business days.
- Maintain constant communication with Reasons Institute staff concerning any student relations issues.
- Master’s degree in respective discipline (chemistry, physics, astrophysics, biochemistry, biology, genetics, paleoanthropology, and paleontology), Ph.D. preferred
- Must hold personal beliefs consistent with Reasons to Believe’s Statement of Faith (including a belief in a historical Adam and Eve as the first humans), and a belief in biblical inerrancy as defined by the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- California residency preferable for some courses
- Six months of experience in an online learning environment preferred