Reasons to Believe is seeking a full-time editor with five years of editing experience in print and electronic publications, preferably in a technical/scientific environment. Qualified candidates will demonstrate proficiency in various editing levels (substantive editing, copyediting, proofreading), punctuation, grammar, and composition, with a working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edit and proofread books, booklets, articles, web resources, news releases, promotional materials, and more
- Assist the scholars and guest writers with Today’s New Reason to Believe (TNRTB)
- Manage Reasons newsletter and scholar blogs
- Occasionally write and help compose articles
- Assist the editorial director and assistant editorial director with special projects and assignments
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Computer proficiency, including word processing skills and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of editing experience
- Growing Christian
- Committed to RTB’s purpose, vision, and mission
Reasons to Believe is seeking a Contract Online Instructor to track and monitor student progress, and to provide students with appropriate, timely feedback and assessments throughout the course. Candidates must have a Master’s degree in respective discipline (chemistry, physics, astrophysics, biochemistry, biology, genetics, paleoanthropology, and paleontology), Ph.D. preferred. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- Demonstrate familiarity with Reasons Institute/Reasons Academy syllabus, course content (lectures, textbooks), and grading policies prior to the start of the course.
- Actively participate in online discussions with students; providing feedback, answering questions, and referring students to Reasons to Believe resources for further study.
- Respond to student emails, questions, and comments within one business day.
- Grade and provide quality feedback to students on their assignments within five business days.
- Maintain constant communication with Reasons Institute staff concerning any student relations issues.
- Must hold personal beliefs consistent with Reasons to Believe’s Statement of Faith (including a belief in a historical Adam and Eve as the first humans), and a belief in biblical inerrancy as defined by the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- California residency preferable for some courses
- At least one course taken through Reasons Institute