Reasons to Believe is seeking a full-time donor relations manager to join our team in Covina, California. The donor relations manager (DRM) will report to the ministry advancement director with a focus on connecting the interests and passions of donors with giving opportunities. The DRM will develop relationships, primarily working with major donors and prospects at the major gifts level (five, six, and seven-figure gifts) in support of the organization’s vision and support needs. The DRM will engage, solicit, and steward a portfolio of approximately 100 major-gift-level donors by making at least 20 in-person contacts each month. The DRM will also contribute to other strategic fundraising initiatives as part of RTB’s development strategy. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Implement the major gift program for RTB to meet specific funding objectives and will help plan, assist, and evaluate other initiatives as directed, with an emphasis on stewardship.
- Qualify donor prospects as to their affinity with RTB and its mission and their capacity for giving; set relationship priorities to ensure effectiveness.
- Serve alongside key executives of RTB as lead solicitor and steward of major donors by developing strong relationships, cultivating continued interest in the mission and financial strength of RTB.
- Develop meaningful, face-to-face relationships with donors, making appropriate in-person requests for support.
- Assist in fundraising events that engage and cultivate support for RTB’s vision.
- Work with program staff to secure project information, create donor offers, and report to donors how their giving made a difference.
- Maintain thorough records of interactions and contributions in donor database systems.
- Meet weekly with the ministry advancement director to report on monthly visits, relationship development, relevant activities, and progress toward goals.
- Be able to travel by land and air at least 50% of the time, with occasional overnight and weekend stays.
- Five or more years of progressive development experience, including at least three years of successful, face-to-face, major gift development experience.
- Demonstrated success in securing six-figure gifts.
- A proven track record (supported by references) in building strong donor relationships and achieving revenue goals as a major gift professional.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. (The qualified candidate will be asked to provide communication and writing samples.)
- Experience in fundraising analytics, specifically understanding how to use data analysis to identify donor prospects, capacity, and giving interests.
- Skill in using structured major donor prospecting approaches, in applying cultivation and stewardship disciplines, and in using performance-based measurements for success.
- Strong, active listening and dynamic presentation skills; an enthusiastic spirit with demonstrated experience in sharing “vision.”
- Proven ability to contribute as a strategist and to think quickly and creatively.
- Character traits including humility, genuineness, approachability, integrity, flexibility, emotional resilience, initiative, and confidence; ability to interact with board members and executive staff, as well as major donors.
- Bachelor’s degree (required); graduate work, a plus.
- Experience with at least one donor database system.
- Personal passion for evangelism and for generating investment in RTB’s vision.
Reasons to Believe is seeking a Contract Online Instructor to track and monitor student progress, and to provide students with appropriate, timely feedback and assessments throughout the course. Candidates must have a Master’s degree in respective discipline (chemistry, physics, astrophysics, biochemistry, biology, genetics, paleoanthropology, and paleontology), Ph.D. preferred. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- Demonstrate familiarity with Reasons Institute/Reasons Academy syllabus, course content (lectures, textbooks), and grading policies prior to the start of the course.
- Actively participate in online discussions with students; providing feedback, answering questions, and referring students to Reasons to Believe resources for further study.
- Respond to student emails, questions, and comments within one business day.
- Grade and provide quality feedback to students on their assignments within five business days.
- Maintain constant communication with Reasons Institute staff concerning any student relations issues.
- Must hold personal beliefs consistent with Reasons to Believe’s Statement of Faith (including a belief in a historical Adam and Eve as the first humans), and a belief in biblical inerrancy as defined by the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- California residency preferable for some courses
- At least one course taken through Reasons Institute
Reasons to Believe is seeking a full-time graphic artist who will be primarily responsible for the creation of illustrations, animated infographics, motion graphics, and animations for video production that will advance both the RTB ministry and its faith-inspiring message. Qualified candidates must have two years of professional experience and must be able to see a project through from start to finish with little supervision. Interested individuals should send résumé, cover letter, and examples of previous work (digital portfolio or demo reel) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Produce visuals and design materials during content creation and production process
- Storyboard, create, and develop visuals for “visual storytelling” videos
- Assist in visual design creation, motion graphics, and animation of visual assets for digital media
- Work with social media coordinator to manage RTB’s video presence online
- Assist in video shooting and editing projects as necessary
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, and Premier Pro
- Understanding of multiple design styles and theory; demonstrated ability to create illustrations and graphics using multiple feels and genres, not just one style of graphic design
- Some experience with videography equipment is preferred
- Proactive self-starter, conscientious—stays alert and takes initiative on projects and opportunities within vision of the team
- Ability to work independently and as a team member on multiple media projects simultaneously––taking ownership for innovation, improvement
- Strategic thinker, performs well under pressure
- Eagerness to be challenged to develop and grow
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Growing Christian
- Commitment to RTB’s purpose, vision, and mission
Examples of desired skills:
Live Stop-Motion Drawing Skill
Sketch Animation Skill
Animated Motion Graphics
Conceptual Design Animation
Full-Color Motion Graphics