Reasons to Believe is seeking a full-time online learning coordinator to provide administrative support to the dean of online learning that enables her to work more efficiently and effectively with the production and development of new and existing courses offered through Reasons Institute (RI). Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- Update the Reasons Institute (RI) registration database through MPX and Moodle
- Edit syllabi for RI courses
- Monitor RI course discussions and assist students experiencing technical difficulties
- Update courses for RI on Moodle and maintain schedule to track deadlines
- Create and schedule mass emails for upcoming courses
- Maintain RI spreadsheets (i.e., instructor grades, RI inventory)
- Schedule conventions and/or conferences and delegate deadlines
- Edit audio files, lectures, resources for RI via Vegas program and make necessary changes to accompanying lecture notes/slides
- Organize marketing strategies and seek external marketing opportunities
- Generate invoices for instructor pay
- Perform clerical duties to include, but not limited to, data entry, filing, copying, and scanning
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the dean of online learning
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to interact comfortably in writing with people of all academic backgrounds and levels
- Familiarity with RTB resources
- Working knowledge of social media networks such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter
- Customer-service oriented
- High level computer literacy; proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- One year of experience required
- Some college coursework completed, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Committed Christian
Reasons to Believe is seeking a Contract Online Instructor to track and monitor student progress, and to provide students with appropriate, timely feedback and assessments throughout the course. Candidates must have a Master’s degree in respective discipline (chemistry, physics, astrophysics, biochemistry, biology, genetics, paleoanthropology, and paleontology), Ph.D. preferred. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demonstrate familiarity with Reasons Institute/Reasons Academy syllabus, course content (lectures, textbooks), and grading policies prior to the start of the course.
- Actively participate in online discussions with students; providing feedback, answering questions, and referring students to Reasons to Believe resources for further study.
- Respond to student emails, questions, and comments within one business day.
- Grade and provide quality feedback to students on their assignments within five business days.
- Maintain constant communication with Reasons Institute staff concerning any student relations issues.
- Must hold personal beliefs consistent with Reasons to Believe’s Statement of Faith (including a belief in a historical Adam and Eve as the first humans), and a belief in biblical inerrancy as defined by the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- California residency preferable for some courses
- At least one course taken through Reasons Institute