Reasons to Believe is an international, outreach-oriented, science apologetics ministry. Our mission is to spread the Christian gospel by demonstrating that sound reason and scientific research—including the very latest discoveries—consistently support, rather than erode, confidence in the truth of the Bible and faith in the personal, transcendent God revealed in both Scripture and nature.
We are seeking a full-time media production manager to produce video and audio resources that will advance both the RTB ministry and its faith-inspiring message. Candidates must have at least three years of experience, and the ability to create, storyboard, light, shoot, edit, and produce complete audio/visual media for multiple delivery formats. Interested individuals should send résumé, cover letter, and examples of previous work (demo reel, promo video, and interview examples are best) to email@example.com.
- Records, edits, produces, and posts podcasts and audio resources
- Creates and oversees video projects that are sold as RTB products
- Produces, edits, and delivers video content for web distribution
- Produces video marketing projects
- Maintains and oversees the specialized recording/broadcasting equipment in RTB’s video recording studio
- Brainstorms and develops new media projects and applications
- Works closely with the scholar team to direct and guide content delivery
- Creates Monthly Partner messages
- Produces visual materials essential for outreach and digital outreach departments.
- Oversees RTB’s video presence online through YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Researches and develops new media applications, keeping RTB resources at the forefront of emerging communications technologies
- Travels to venues to record talks for video production
- Develops and executes strategic media marketing ideas in coordination with the social media coordinator
- Manages media staff and provides ongoing technical training
- Develops media budget
- Experience shooting and producing compelling interviews and promo videos
- Knowledge of the principles and best practices/techniques of start-to-finish media production
- Experience with studio camera equipment: routers, patch bays, TriCaster, lighting
- Experience with DSLR videography
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Technical ability to work across platforms, software, hardware, and servers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proactive self-starter, conscientious—stays alert and takes initiative on projects and opportunities within vision of the team
- Ability to work independently and as a team member on multiple media projects simultaneously—taking ownership for innovation, improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively lead, manage, and develop media staff
- Growing Christian
- Committed to RTB’s purpose, vision, and mission
Reasons to Believe is seeking a Contract Online Instructor to track and monitor student progress, and to provide students with appropriate, timely feedback and assessments throughout the course. Candidates must have a Master’s degree in respective discipline (chemistry, physics, astrophysics, biochemistry, biology, genetics, paleoanthropology, and paleontology), Ph.D. preferred. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demonstrate familiarity with Reasons Institute/Reasons Academy syllabus, course content (lectures, textbooks), and grading policies prior to the start of the course.
- Actively participate in online discussions with students; providing feedback, answering questions, and referring students to Reasons to Believe resources for further study.
- Respond to student emails, questions, and comments within one business day.
- Grade and provide quality feedback to students on their assignments within five business days.
- Maintain constant communication with Reasons Institute staff concerning any student relations issues.
- Must hold personal beliefs consistent with Reasons to Believe’s Statement of Faith (including a belief in a historical Adam and Eve as the first humans), and a belief in biblical inerrancy as defined by the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- California residency preferable for some courses
- At least one course taken through Reasons Institute