Reasons to Believe is seeking a full-time copyeditor to provide editing and proofreading skills for a variety of ministry projects and publications. Candidates must have at least two years of editing experience in print and electronic publications, preferably in a technical/scientific environment. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- Proofreads and edits books, booklets, articles, web resources, news releases, promotional materials, and more
- Coordinates all aspects of specific ministry publications, including newsletters, scholar blogs, and other regular communication streams
- Helps maintain publication schedules for a variety of editorial projects
- Corrects errors on website
- Communicates professionally and respectfully in writing to RTB constituents
- Assists the Editorial Director and Assistant Editorial Director with special projects and assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field
- Proficiency in punctuation, grammar, and composition, with a working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency, including word processing skills and accuracy
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Growing Christian
- Committed to RTB’s purpose, vision, and mission
- Two years of experience required
Reasons to Believe is seeking a Contract Online Instructor to track and monitor student progress, and to provide students with appropriate, timely feedback and assessments throughout the course. Candidates must have a Master’s degree in respective discipline (chemistry, physics, astrophysics, biochemistry, biology, genetics, paleoanthropology, and paleontology), Ph.D. preferred. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demonstrate familiarity with Reasons Institute/Reasons Academy syllabus, course content (lectures, textbooks), and grading policies prior to the start of the course.
- Actively participate in online discussions with students; providing feedback, answering questions, and referring students to Reasons to Believe resources for further study.
- Respond to student emails, questions, and comments within one business day.
- Grade and provide quality feedback to students on their assignments within five business days.
- Maintain constant communication with Reasons Institute staff concerning any student relations issues.
- Must hold personal beliefs consistent with Reasons to Believe’s Statement of Faith (including a belief in a historical Adam and Eve as the first humans), and a belief in biblical inerrancy as defined by the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Ability to be proactive and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
- California residency preferable for some courses
- At least one course taken through Reasons Institute
Reasons to Believe is seeking a full-time media production specialist to assist in design, editing, and production of video and audio resources that will advance both the RTB ministry and its faith-inspiring message. Qualified candidates must have two years of professional experience and must be able to see a project through from start to finish with little supervision. Interested individuals should send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
- Produce visuals and design materials during content creation and production process
- Storyboard, create, and develop visuals for “visual storytelling” videos
- Assist in visual design creation, motion graphics, and visual assets for digital media
- Assist in recording, editing, and producing weekly video podcast(s) and other video projects
- Work with social media coordinator to manage RTB’s video presence online
- Assist in audio editing projects when necessary
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro, and After Effects
- Understanding of multiple design styles and theory; demonstrated ability to create illustrations and graphics with multiple feels and genres––not relegated to one style of graphic design
- Experience with videography equipment and audio/video recording
- Proactive self-starter, conscientious—stays alert and takes initiative on projects and opportunities within vision of the team
- Ability to work independently and as a team member on multiple media projects simultaneously––taking ownership for innovation, improvement
- Strategic thinker, performs well under pressure
- Eagerness to be challenged to develop and grow
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Growing Christian
- Commitment to RTB’s purpose, vision, and mission