Tuition & Fees
Reasons Institute is proud to offer courses for personal development, certificate credit, and graduate-level credit.
Audit a Course
Students desiring to audit any Reasons Institute course for personal development are welcome to do so. Reasons Institute makes university-level courses available to anyone who has the desire to learn. There are two ways that audit students can take courses.
All audit students are given access to all course materials, and may participate in group discussions and any other learning activities. There are no prerequisites to audit a course and no written assignments are required. Just listen to the lectures and enjoy.
Audit students also have the option of working toward a certificate through Reasons Institute. These audit students working toward a certificate are required to do the following:
- Listen to lectures and videos,
- Read textbooks and articles,
- Participate in weekly threaded discussions with other students,
- Answer all study questions,
- Submit one short paper (e.g. video report, book review),
- Take the final exam.
Audit courses offer no college credit and cannot be upgraded for college credit at a later time.
- For 8 week courses - $150 per course + materials
- For 15 week courses - $200 per course + materials
For further information about Reasons Institute, please contact us at (800) 482-7836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons Institute has partnered with Northern California Bible College to offer undergraduate Bible college credit for our courses.
- $150 per course + materials
- Students wanting to take courses for academic credit through NCBC should register as an audit student through the RTB web store. Once they have completed the course, the student should contact the Registrar at NCBC with the final course grade to it can be recorded on the transcript.
NCBC is accredited by the California Council for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education to offer both Associate of Arts and Bachelor of Arts degrees in Biblical Studies. Students should check with their college registrar office in order to verify course transfer requirements.
For more information, contact David Sell, Dean of Students, at (925) 846-6557 or visit NCBC's website.
Reasons Institute has partnered with Hope International University (HIU) that allows students to receive academic credit for the following courses.
- Critical Thinking Skills (early spring)
- Creation and the Bible (late spring)
- Creation vs. Evolution (summer)
- Astronomy and Design (late summer/early fall)
- World Religions and Science (late fall)
Eligible students may work toward a Graduate Certificate in Apologetics through Hope International University. To receive this Certificate, students must successfully complete 12 units of courses listed above through Hope International University. This short video will introduce you to this exciting opportunity.
Tuition for Hope International University:
- $400 per unit (3 units) + materials
HIU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Students should check with their college registrar office in order to verify eligibility requirements.
Students who wish to receive credit for Reasons Institute courses must complete a short Non-Degree Application (no application fee is required). Contact Annette Mativo, Academic Coach at HIU at (800) 762-1294 x2244 or email@example.com for more information.
Reasons Institute has partnered with the Master of Arts in Science and Religion (MASR) program at Biola University to offer graduate-level credit for some of our courses.
- Adv. Seminar on Human Origins (spring semester)
- Adv. Seminar on the Origins of Life (fall semester)
- World Religions and Science (fall semester)
Students who wish to receive credit for Reasons Institute courses through Biola must contact the university in order to enroll in the M.A. in Science and Religion program and complete the appropriate application process.
Tuition for Biola University:
- $501 per unit + materials
Biola is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Students should check with their college registrar office in order to verify eligibility requirements.
For information regarding how to enroll in the M.A. in Science and Religion program, contact John Bloom at Biola University.
Southern Evangelical Seminary
Reasons Institute has partnered with Southern Evangelical Seminary (SES) as part of their Certificate in Scientific Apologetics. Reasons To Believe's scholar team are members of the faculty and teach courses on campus each year.
2012 Academic Year
- SC502 – Physics and Astronomy, Hugh Ross and Jeff Zweerink
- SC503 – Chemistry and Molecular Biology, Fazale "Fuz" Rana
2011 Academic Year
- Exploring Science and Scripture, Hugh Ross and Fazale "Fuz" Rana
Students who want to enroll in the Certificate in Scientific Apologetics program must complete the appropriate application process. Please contact Southern Evangelical Seminary directly for information for how to enroll.
Tozer Theological Seminary
Reasons To Believe is proud to be part of Tozer Theological Seminary. Dr. Hugh Ross is a valued member of the Tozer faculty and teaches courses on campus.
2013–14 Academic Year
- Creation: Scientific Evidences & Means of Evangelism – October 14–18
Students who want to enroll or audit Dr. Ross' course at Tozer should contact Tozer Theological Seminary directly for information.
Find out how to add Reasons Institute courses to your university or seminary's course catalogue. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.