God limits the spread of wickedness via the flood
A. God purges the world of wicked people (Gen. 6:1-8:14).
- Unlawful marriage contaminates the human race (Gen. 6:1-7).
- God shortens the human lifespan (Gen. 6:3).
- God sends the flood (Gen. 7:17-8:14).
B. God spares Noah, his family, and his animals (Gen. 6:8-9:29).
- Noah remains righteous and blameless amid universal wickedness (Gen. 6:8-13).
- Noah builds and enters the ark (6:14-7:16).
- Noah worships God and receives God's blessing (Gen. 8:16-9:17).
- Noah blesses some of his descendants and curses others (9:18-29).
C. God establishes a new order (Gen. 9:1-17).
- Humanity to fill the earth (Gen. 9:1).
- Humanity to become omnivorous (Gen. 9:3).
- Animals to fear humans (Gen. 9:2).
- Murder not to be tolerated. Life to be respected (Gen. 9:46).